Professional Dynamic Vocal Microphone Coming Soon
Question the Status Quo.
Samson's flagship Q8x Professional Dynamic Vocal Microphone provides the ultimate in sound reproduction for live and studio vocal and instrument performances. This high output mic faithfully captures a wide dynamic range with exceptional mid-range clarity. Its supercardioid pickup pattern provides maximum gain before feedback, while an updated body design and pneumatic capsule shockmount minimize handling noise.
Why So Superior?
The Q8x's superior reproduction stems from the linear frequency response of its neodymium dynamic mic element. The response is flat with a slight lift around 8kHz. This makes fitting vocals in live mixes extremely easy with minimal EQ adjustments. The mic also features a supercardioid pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection. This enables the Q8x to pick up all the nuances of any performance with maximum volume and clarity, while reducing feedback and unwanted signals not originating in front of the mic. In addition, a high saturation level audio transformer further rejects hum and noise.
Not Just for Vocals
The Q8X is not just a great live vocal mic. It's an extremely versatile tool in the studio, perfect for numerous recording applications. As the Q8x is equipped to withstand high sound pressure levels up to 150dB SPL, it allows vocals to sound huge and crystal clear, but can also handle close miking instruments such as piercing snare drums, screaming guitar cabinets and much more.
New and Improved
With a newly-designed rugged die-cast body and hardened steel grille, along with an improved pneumatic capsule shockmount for minimizing handling noise, the Q8x provides reliable performance in even the most demanding environments.
- Premium dynamic vocal microphone with exceptional mid-range clarity
- Neodymium dynamic mic element for wide dynamic range
- High output, low impedance design
- Supercardioid pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection
- High saturation level audio transformer rejects hum/noise
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 50Hz–16kHz
- Handles high SPLs of up to 150dB for close miking situations
- Improved pneumatic capsule shockmount minimizes handling noise
- Rugged die cast body, hardened steel grille
- Includes mic clip and carry case
Recording, Live Performance, Electronic News Gathering, Music Education, Audio for Video, Journalism, House of Worship, Multimedia, VOIP, Podcasting
WARNING: This product contains Chemicals, including DEHP, known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.