Listen to the high quality sounds you can achieve with the Q2U via the USB interface.
Get Flash to see this player.
Listen to the high quality sounds you can achieve with the Q2U via the XLR connector.
Get Flash to see this player.
About the performance: David Kaplan, voiceover artist, recorded this spoken word sample by positioning himself directly in front of the microphone 4 to 6 inches away.
Q2U USB/XLR Microphone with HP20 Headphones
The Q2U brings digital and analog together in one convenient microphone. Finally, a high-quality handheld mic to meet both your live sound and digital recording needs. Take the Q2U to your gig for a professional live performance then take it home to record any new ideas right to your computer. Whether your passion is recording or performing, this mic has you covered.
The Q2U is a dynamic handheld microphone that features both an XLR output and a USB I/O, so it can plug directly into any live sound console or any computer with a USB input. And the microphone's on/off switch lets you control the audio to the XLR output, allowing you to perform in a live setting and record to a computer simultaneously.
This revolutionary mic also features a built-in 3.5mm stereo headphone jack with volume control for no-latency monitoring during recording. Plus, a cardioid pickup pattern and a high-quality A/D converter with a 16-bit, 48kHz sampling rate ensure the sound reproduction in both live and recording applications is clear, detailed and accurate. It's also compatible with most computer based digital audio workstations, so your recordings can be developed with enhanced control and functionality.
As a perfect complement to such a great recording microphone, the Q2U Pak also includes a pair of HP20 stereo headphones so you can mix, monitor and listen with comfort and accuracy. The HP20's closed design and 40mm full-range drivers offer professional performance in nearly any listening application.
Samson Sound Deck Software
Available as a paid download, the Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software brings noise cancellation technology for enhanced VoIP communication and computer recording to your Q2U. Sound Deck uses Digital Noise Reduction algorithms to minimize recurring background noise from loud environments, ensuring only clean, natural sounding vocals are received by your family, friends or business associates. To learn more and find out how to purchase the Sound Deck software, visit the Samson Sound Deck page for Mac OS X or visit the Samson Sound Deck page for Windows.
WARNING: This product contains DEHP, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.
- Q2U USB/XLR dynamic handheld microphone
- XLR output plugs directly into any console
- Plugs directly into any computer with a USB input
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- On/Off switch controls audio to XLR output
- 1/8-inch stereo headphone output with level controls for no-latency monitoring
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- 16-bit, 48kHz resolution
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 50Hz–15kHz
- Solid, die-cast construction with heavy gauge mesh grill
- Includes HP20 studio headphones, desktop tripod stand, mic clip, USB cable and XLR cable
- Bundled with Cakewalk Music Creator recording software
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase
Downloads & Manuals
- Q2U Pak Cutsheet (181.0 KB)
- Download the Q2U English User Manual in PDF format (6.2 MB)
- Download a Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG of the Q2U (angle low) (307.7 KB)
- Download a Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG of the Q2U (angle high) (396.6 KB)
- Download a Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG of the Q2U (straight) (256.5 KB)
- Samson Sound Deck Feature Comparison Chart For Samson USB Microphones (146.0 KB)
- USB Microphone Comparison Chart (168.2 KB)
Samples & VideosRelated Audio Samples
- Q2U Audio Sample USBAudioQ2U USB Audio Sample
Recording, Music Education, Audio for Video, Multimedia, VOIP