One Portable, Great Sounding System.
The Expedition XP308i gives you the power to perform wherever you need it. With powerful, full-range sound in an all-inclusive portable package, the Expedition XP308i is an ideal single system solution for a variety of live sound applications.
A compact PA system with dual 2-way speakers, on-board mixer and 300-watt power amplifier, the Expedition XP308i (XP308i) is the ultimate in portability thanks to a clever, lightweight design that allows you to connect all the pieces together into a single, easy to transport case. The internal 2 x 150-watt Class D power amplifier produces an incredibly clean and powerful stereo sound. The system's speakers are 2-way vented enclosures with heavy-duty 8-inch woofers for deep bass. These are complemented by a 1-inch titanium tweeter set in a custom horn with a 60 x 90 degree coverage pattern. The result is consummate dispersion and loud, lucid audio.
Watch the 308i Video:
The XP308i's 8-channel mixer can be removed from the speaker for tabletop use and you can use the kickstand to set the mixer at an ergonomically correct angle. The mixer features four mic/line inputs, two stereo inputs, bass and treble control on each channel input and phantom power. For enhanced convenience and versatility, the XP308i includes a built-in iPod dock, which easily connects to most iPod models for seamless music playback.
With all these comprehensive features set in one portable, great sounding system, the Expedition 308i stands out as one of the most versatile and inclusive portable PA systems on the market.
Your musical voice
Though the XP308i was designed for providing quality sound reinforcement in musical settings, the dynamic range of musical settings that can benefit from the system's features is unparalleled. Whether you're a singer/songwriter gigging in a coffee shop, a full band practicing in a rehearsal space or a DJ entertaining people at a small club or bar, the XP308i will ensure your sound is well suited for your space. In addition, the system's speaker enclosures lend themselves perfectly to a variety of musical performances when being used as floor monitors.
Business professional sound
With the XP308iw, your voice will command the boardroom podium with as much authority as the stage. The XP308i provides the perfect solution for a business professional leading any sort of presentation. No matter the application (PowerPoint presentations, company meetings, corporate events, etc.), the unit will allow you to convey your ideas in a clear, concise manor and perform your job better. Specifically relevant in such cases, the XP308i's integrated iPod dock enables your MP3 player to playback audio clips in promoting a more interactive listening experience for any audience.
In addition to all students, teachers and professors utilizing the XP308i in some of the same circumstances as business professionals (presentations, audio playback), the system possesses some functions unique to music education. The unit is ideal for directing large instrumental ensembles. XP308i will help conductors keep even their percussionists on task. Thanks to it's integrated iPod dock, soloists and small ensembles can practice along with recorded accompaniment. Also, the XP308i's audio playback abilities make the analysis of recorded music easier, as well as a more interactive listening and educational experience.
Take it outside
Beyond producing impeccable public announcement sound quality, the XP308i's elements of portability make it ideal for countless recreational uses. For a traveling instructor, the XP308i is perfect for leading exercise/yoga classes in fitness clubs. Outdoor functions pose no problem whatsoever for the XP308. Block parties, sporting events, and matters of crowd control now have a more practical, and still extremely portable, alternative to the megaphone. The XP308i is also sure to excite the tailgating crowd, now able to demonstrate their team spirit at a level never before possible, or simply provide musical entertainment for a classic tailgate party.
Expedition XP308i is ideal wherever a smaller PA system and great sound are required.
- Packs up onto a single portable unit that weighs just over 40 pounds
- Built-in iPod dock
- Dual 2-way speaker enclosures with 8-inch woofers
- 1-inch high frequency drivers
- Lightweight, Class D amplifier produces 300 watts (2 x 150) of stereo power
- Removable 8-channel mixer
- Four Mic/Line inputs (XLR and 1/4-inch jacks) for microphone, guitar and line level devices
- Two 1⁄4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs for stereo line level devices (MP3 players, keyboards, etc.)
- Phantom power
- Bass and treble controls
- Two 1/4-inch Monitor outputs allows connection to external powered monitors
- RCA outputs for external recorders
- Internal digital effects processor
- Music/Speech switch for setting overall system EQ
- 6-segment level meter with limit indicator
- Integrated 1 3/8-inch speaker stand mount
- Enclosures tilt back for use as floor monitors
- Speaker cables included
Downloads & Manuals
- Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG of the XP308i (mixer out with iPod) (457.5 KB)
- Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG of the XP308i (Mixer kicked back with iPod) (351.2 KB)
- Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG of the XP308i (mixer out in foreground with iPod) (356.0 KB)
- Expedition XP308i User Manual in (PDF file) (3.9 MB)
- Expedition XP308i French User Manual in PDF format (3.2 MB)
- Expedition XP308i German User Manual (PDF file) (3.4 MB)
- Expedition XP308i Cutsheet (287.8 KB)