AirLine 88 AW8 Wind Instrument-
UHF Wireless System Coming Soon
You Are Now Free to Roam About the Stage.
Samson's AirLine 88 Wind Instrument system offers true wireless freedom without the hassle of a beltpack or cable. Featuring a clip-on transmitter with a shockmounted microphone and adjustable gooseneck, this frequency-agile UHF wireless system provides high definition sound and 300' of reliable wireless operation for saxophones, trumpets, trombones and other wind instruments.
The Wireless Future
AirLine 88 Wind Instrument continues Samson's longstanding commitment to wireless innovation. Designed to be an extension of your instrument rather than a separate component, the AW8 transmitter lets you rule the stage with confidence. It provides infrared sync to wirelessly match the receiver and transmitter frequency, easily accessible Gain and Mute controls, a battery life LED indicator and an 8-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery.
Designed specifically for wind instruments, the AW8 transmitter clips directly to your instrument with no beltpack or cable necessary. It features a shockmounted condenser microphone to minimize any noise caused by mechanical vibration. The mic capsule offers a supercardioid pickup pattern that handles up to 130dB SPL, ideal for handling the sudden attack of wind instruments. The AW8 also offers an 8.5" adjustable gooseneck (with P3 connector) for optimal mic placement in front of your instrument's bell.
Offering frequency-agile operation, the system's rack mountable CR88 Wireless Receiver provides 16 selectable channels for reliable performance no matter where you are. The receiver's True Diversity design minimizes dropouts, while tone key technology prevents unwanted noise when your transmitter is off or out of range.
WARNING: This product contains DEHP, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.
AirLine 88 Wind Instrument System
- Frequency-agile UHF wireless system
- 16 operating channels across 24MHz bandwidth
- Up to eight simultaneous systems per frequency band (region dependent)
- Rackmount kit included
CR88 Wireless Receiver
- IR sync wirelessly matches receiver and transmitter frequency
- True Diversity design minimizes dropouts
- Tone key prevents unwanted noise when transmitter is off/out of range
- 1/4-wave antennas
- Half-rack receiver design
- LED display indicates operating channel
- Balanced XLR, unbalanced 1/4" outputs
AW8 Wind Instrument Transmitter
- Clips directly to instrument (no beltpack or cable required)
- Shockmounted condenser microphone capsule with supercardioid pickup pattern
- Handles up to 130dB SPL
- 8.5" gooseneck (P3 connector) for optimal mic placement
- Up to eight hours of battery life using built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Sealed gold contact charging connector for included USB-style charger
- Low battery LED indicator
- 300' operating range (line-of-sight)
- Variable Gain control
- 1-touch Mute
- Windscreen included
Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
Live Performance, Music Education, House of Worship
WARNING: This product contains Chemicals, including DEHP, known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.