Dave Mustaine Signature Edition Pedal
Play like a metal icon.
Metal guitar legend Dave Mustaine has joined forces with Zoom to bring you the ultimate metal guitar effects pedal. G2.1DM incorporates 50 patches created by Mustaine with sounds that span his remarkable career. From the heavy, driving distortions on Rust in Peace to the distinctive lead tones on Countdown to Extinction, G2.1DM lets you play like a metal icon.
Watch the G2.1DM Video:
Click on the "Samples & Videos" tab above to watch exclusive videos of Dave Mustaine demoing and explaining 5 of the many amazing patches from his signature G2.1DM!
The pedal also includes 50 of Mustaine's favorite patches from Zoom's popular G2.1Nu. G2.1DM offers 100 killer patches right out of the box and lets you create and save up to 100 more right on the pedal.
G2.1DM was constructed with Mustaine's personal style and taste in mind. The pedal features custom designed body graphics created by Mustaine. Its sturdy metal chassis allows the G2.1DM to withstand the rigors of the road, yet it's small enough to fit into a guitar case. Wherever you need it: on tour, in the studio or at rehearsals, G2.1DM is ready to rock.
Custom expression pedal accelerates your play
G2.1DM features a uniquely designed, custom expression pedal modeled after the accelerator of Mustaine's British sports car. The pedal, with its PEDAL ASSIGN key, makes it easy to select the effect you want to control on any patch. Effect on/off switching is also possible by fully depressing the pedal.
Every pedal comes with a Dave Mustaine signature guitar pick, postcard and replica backstage pass from Megadeth's Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? tour.
G2.1DM picks up where G2.1Nu left off
G2.1DM maintains the original features that made the G2.1Nu so popular: advanced ZFX-3 sound engine, 83 guitar effect types, on-board auto-chromatic tuner, integrated drum machine and more.
Smooth tube amp modeling with ZFX-3 processor
To recreate the rich blend of upper frequency harmonics that are unique to tube amplifiers, you need a powerful processor. Thanks to its high-resolution signal processing using 96 kHz sampling and 24-bit A/D/A conversion, ZFX-3 implements complex digital modeling technology to recreate those subtle tube amp characteristics.
Auto-chromatic tuner with LED indication
You'll never stay out of tune with G2.1DM. The pedal's Tuner function offers smooth, real-time response with precise guitar tuning accuracy. In addition, its large 1.9-inch LCD display and LED indicators make it easy to use on a dark stage. Its mute tuning capability is also very useful during a performance.
Integrated drum machine with PCM sound sources
Choose from 40 different rhythm patterns, including 4-beat, 8-beat, 16-beat, shuffle and many other variations. Plus, the tap key makes it easy to directly set the tempo. Start a jam session anytime, anywhere.
USB audio interface
G2.1DM operates as an audio interface, letting you record directly to your computer via USB. All of your sound settings used during rehearsals or live performances can be recorded directly to your favorite DAW software. The pedal's direct monitoring capability eliminates latency problems, assuring hassle-free tracking. The LCD display and a new, more intuitive interface allow easier navigation during both live and recording sessions.
Free software makes it easy to Edit & Share your patches
Zoom's Edit & Share software comes bundled as a free download with G2.1DM. Edit & Share allows you to use your computer to create, edit and save your personalized amp and effect settings. Use the "radar charts" to access visual representations of the tone characteristics for each preset patch. Also, its amp/effect sorting feature helps you easily locate your sounds, as you need them. Using drag-and-drop to rearrange patches makes editing a breeze. With Edit & Share, you can download the latest patches online, as well as share patches with other users.
Direct Mode optimized for recording
All 30 drive sounds have a special modeling algorithm designed specifically for line recording. Simply turn on the DIRECT key on the top panel and enjoy dynamic amp sounds that recreate the ideal speaker cabinet characteristics over a flat response audio system or headphones. Of course, this mode works perfectly for direct recording to a DAW application via the USB audio interface.
Looper function records up to 5 seconds
Access the pedal's 5-second Looper function to record, playback and overdub guitar phrases that can be controlled with your pedal. The "sound-on-sound" function lets you record phrases in real time. You can also use the looped sound as a backing track during a live solo.
Ultra-low noise design
G2.1DM's ultra-low noise design is on par with professional studio equipment. Specifications such as a signal-to-noise ratio of 120dB and noise floor of -100dBm virtually eliminate background noise. G2.1DM includes Zoom's proprietary ZNR noise reduction, which helps to remove feedback and other unwanted sounds introduced by the signal chain. Even the tails of sustained notes come out beautifully, with natural release.
Extremely fast, 5ms patch change
With G2.1DM's amazing 5ms patch change speed, you will never miss a beat. Change from rhythm playing to a solo in an instant by simply pushing the switch.
Optional footswitch adds versatility
The optional foot switch (FS01) allows tap tempo input for rhythm, looper, and effects. Other selectable functions include rhythm pattern start/stop, bank switching, delay input muting, and delay hold on/off switching.
Runs on AC, Batteries, or USB bus power
G2.1DM can operate on three different power sources: AC adaptor (included), batteries or USB bus power when plugged into your computer. Four AA/LR6 alkaline batteries provide over 6 hours of continuous playing. Whether on stage or in the studio, G2.1DM gives you reliable power options.
Bundled with Cubase LE 4
G2.1DM is also bundled with Cubase LE 4 DAW for all your recording needs. This powerful music production system features recording, editing and mixing functions for both audio and MIDI files. It incorporates the same audio engine as the multi-award winning, higher-level version Cubase 4, and is ideal as an entry into computer-based music production.
Whether you're into thrash, power, shred or speed metal, Dave Mustaine and Zoom have designed the G2.1DM for you.
- 50 original patches created by Dave Mustaine
- 50 patches selected by Mustaine from G2.1Nu
- 100 user patches available
- 83 high-quality effect types
- Heavy-duty construction and slim size
- Custom designed body graphics
- Expression pedal modeled after the accelerator of Mustaine's favorite sports car
- Large LCD screen with new intuitive interface
- 6-band graphic equalizer
- ZFX-3 recreates tube amp characteristics
- 96kHz sampling and 24-bit A/D/A conversion
- Auto-chromatic tuner with LED indication
- Integrated drum machine with PCM sound sources
- USB interface allows direct recording to a computer
- Edit & Share software available through free download
- Direct Mode optimal for recording
- Looper function records up to 5-second phrases
- Ultra-low noise design: signal-to-noise ratio of 120dB and noise floor of -100dB
- Extremely fast 5 ms patch change speed
- Runs on AA batteries, AC adapter or USB bus power
- Bundled with Cubase LE 4 music production software
Downloads & Manuals
- G2.1DM Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG (straight) (699.7 KB)
- G2.1DM Hi-Res (300ppi) JPEG (angle) (600.1 KB)
- G2.1DM Dave Mustaine Patch List (1.0 MB)
- Zoom G2Nu/G2.1Nu User Manual (PDF file) (14.9 MB)
- Zoom Edit&Share for Windows (version 220.127.116.11) (59.3 MB)
- Zoom Edit&Share for Mac OS X (version 18.104.22.168) (58.2 MB)
- Edit & Share User Manual (English) PDF (E-5) (2.2 MB)
Samples & VideosRelated Video Files
- G2.1DM Pedal : Patch A3 "DevilsIsle"VideoDave Mustaine tells you how the powerful G2.1DM pedal recreates some of his most famous tones.
- G2.1DM Pedal : Patch A7 "RIP"VideoDave Mustaine explains how the powerful G2.1DM was used to recreate the Rust in Peace patch.
- G2.1DM Pedal : Patch C2 "Symphony of Destruction"VideoDave Mustaine explains how he used the G2.1DM to bring the famous Symphony of Destruction tone to the masses.
- G2.1DM Pedal : Patch B9 "Holy Wars"VideoDave Mustaine shows off the power of the G2.1DM with his patch for Holy Wars.
- G2.1DM Pedal : Patch A5 "Darkest Hour"VideoDave Mustaine explains how he used the G2.1DM to re-create the intro to "In My Darkest Hour"